RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Got a fuel leak around the top of the fuel pump, I can feel…

Customer Question
Got a fuel leak...

Got a fuel leak around the top of the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

I can feel the gas coning out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

At the top it's an 89 Fleetwood pace arrow

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed the leak looked up under and could see the gas leaking while running

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat would show the diaphragm is leaking and you need to replace the pump. Not that hard if you are handy with tools. Your local automotive parts store will have a pump. I would change out the fuel filter now as well. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!