gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My gas and electric rv water heater wont ignite using either

Customer Question

My gas and electric rv water heater wont ignite using either gas or electric. When on gas, I hear the clicking of the unit trying to light the pilot but I see no spark, The rv has sat idle for about a year.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Just tried to fire up the water heater a few days ago. My propane was empty so I had it filled. While waiting for the propane I tried electric but no cigar. Now I have no hw with either gas or electric
JA: What year is your Pilot?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried to fix it. Don't know the problem to fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

W​hat is the make and model of your water heater? It may be just a dirty connection from surface moisture in one of these. Once I know which unit you have I can supply a Service Manual and direct you in some testing to find out the problem. All follow ups and exchanges between us are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!