peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Its not a truck its a 40 ft motorhome, the engine will

Customer Question

its not a truck its a 40 ft motorhome, the engine will accelerate but when the trans is its a pushbutton shifter when pushed is decellerates
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: its a 7.3 liter in line six cyl with an allison 6 speed
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the engine will rev until the trans push button is pushed then it cuts out and the engine de cellerates
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this needs done to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If the engine will rev properly until you engage the transmission then the engine cuts out this may be a fault with a component like the transmission torque converter locking up early needing replaced or an issue with a range position/neutral safety switch fault needing replaced.This will have to be checked into further to locate which is the cause here and then from there repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete