Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Norcold 9162 RV Frig. It was opperating but the 12V

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 9162 RV Frig. It was opperating but the 12V battery system ran out. It cools with electric just fine, but does not cool down the bottom section with LP gas. is there a reset bottom on the back board?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No I am just talking about the frig. Top freezer bottom standard cooling the freezer works but the bottom is not getting cold enough. I have been told there is a reset button
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a 2000 wonderer 28ft
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried sever shops to find a replacement boards with no luck the part I was told I need is part #625386 but they want $400 dollars. at that price I would by a new one but do not have the money.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 1. I have been told to clean the orifice witch I can do but I really need to know if there is a reset button!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

If​ you restored the 12 vDC again, then it should cool on both modes as long as you have LP and AC coming in to the board. If the cooling isn't good on LP mode the most probable cause is that the LP working pressure is too low at the tank regulator. That should be checked and adjusted as needed at least once a year.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual for you that explains some of what I told you. Print this out so you have it. You can have most any shop check that pressure for you. It takes a manometer. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold900.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!