RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Door and baggage door lock not working on 2006 Newmar Essex,

Customer Question
Door and baggage door...

Door and baggage door lock not working on 2006 Newmar Essex

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 Newmar Essex

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Newmar Essex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse associated with the switch, checked switch and actuators in baggage doors are not getting any power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes but only see one fuse associated with this issue on Newmar PDF

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
9/11/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged or broken wiring leading to the lock actuators themselves.If an issue is found it will need repaired to resolve this fault here.If no wiring is found to be damaged in any way make sure all fuses in all fuse panels are o.k.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician