Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to connect a propane camp fireplace to the BBQ outlet

Customer Question

I need to connect a propane camp fireplace to the BBQ outlet on the back of my Rd Trk 210, but can't find the right quick connect male 82900 connector to the female part that comes on the 210. Where can I get the fittings needed?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 model 210 with chev 3500 chasis
JA: What year is your 3500?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to find the propane quick release fittings myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Is this the fitting that almost looks identical to a air compressor quick connect fitting but not the same?

Looking up your exact part number, from what I can tell this one will work. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Propane-Quick-Connect-Fitting/dp/B007HG7WUQ. My RV required a special fitting as well, but found out that any LP hose quick connect works just fine. Another option if you can not find this special fitting is to replace the female shut off with a more common LP fitting so you can easily get the male quick connect needed. Just a heads up the grill you add must not have a regulator on it since there is already one on your propane tanks on the RV.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris