Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Where is the converter located in my 2011 Keystone Avalanche

Customer Question

Where is the converter located in my 2011 Keystone Avalanche 290RL?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How many fuses does it have?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

M​ost of these have WFCO load centers with the converter section in the bottom half. These have two reverse polarity fuses. Those are the two fuses off to the side of the others. Usually 40 amp blade fuses. Some of these had stand alone converters and those would or should be close to the load center. One way to tell is the model number and get back to me with that OR the shape of the load center. If your is nearly square it will be in the lower half. If it is longer than higher then those have a stand alone converter. Let me know the model number and I can offer more here. Please include the problem you are having. A good converter should put out about 13.7 VDC. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!