RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We are going to live in 3 50 amp 5th wheel rvs...what kind…

Customer Question
We are going to live...
We are going to live in 3 50 amp 5th wheel rvs...what kind of electrical setup should we have?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you asking on how each RV should be wired up for a 50 amp service? Your question said we are going to live in 3 50 amp 5th wheels, each should have it's own 50 amp supply but you can get away using a 30 amp service but might be limited on how much you can run on the AC appliances. Click HERE and HERE and it will show you the proper wiring for a 50 amp and 30 amp supply.... Very important you follow the guidelines on wiring it up.....

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

We have to tell the electrician what to install on the pole. I have no idea if the page you supplied me is what he needs to know or not.

YES it is.... It is VERY important that he does not hook up 220 volts direct, when you wire a 50 amp service it is 2 110 hot legs to equal 220 NOT 220 direct, print that out and show the electrician.......

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page... ROBERT

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

I'm sorry but when I tried to print it a window popped up saying it was the wrong format to print. We're meeting him this morning....a few hours from now actually...I wish I had it to show him. But I remember that it's 2-110themake

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts. I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page, if you are not satisfied please let me know.

ROBERT

It wouldn't print. Please send it again.

Click HERE it is a pdf.....

Seeing if that worked for you? IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

You can still follow up with me if needed. Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago

Robert