Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The slide out on my RV won't seal across the top. It's out

Customer Question

The slide out on my RV won't seal across the top. It's out more on one side than the other. Like one inch. The camper is level.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Which slide out is this? Do you know whose slide out hardware you have? If not, add a photo of the ends of the rail(s) underneath and I can usually tell. The adjustment varies depending on this information. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi again Randall! You helped me fix the handles on our black water tank. On to the next issue.
So this is something we can adjust?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Picture of manual
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Yes. Do you see those two large vertical bolts at the ends of the rails where they attach to the room? Those are where this is adjusted. You are going to need a bottle jack or two and some blocks to do this. That room is heavy! Is that doable?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband seems to think so.
What can make this happen? Could it have been the fence we turned into?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Ouch! Possible, I suppose. Not likely unless these weren't all that tight. Let me know when he ready to do this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I am here every day..........

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust checking back in to see how this turned out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have a wedding here this weekend so we're having to address this later. Probably next week. Sorry.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

No problem. Just Bookmark this and come back to it again any time.