Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2008 3400 Montana. This year we were involved in a

Customer Question

We have a 2008 3400 Montana. This year we were involved in a accident and ever since then the brakes will not work. Replaced complete backing plate assemblies and it still won't stop!! What's next?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: Brand new 2017 Chevy 3500 less than 800 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it's and a brakes and axle repair shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Did you check the brake controller and see if it was putting out the correct voltage? If so, I am wondering if they adjusted them correctly afterwards? Even new assemblies have to be adjusted and then "broken in" to seat the new shoes to the drums. If they are set up too tight they won't brake properly. I would check that and see and then get back to me if you still need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limits.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!