RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have lost DC power to service panel water heater rocker…

Customer Question
I have lost DC...

I have lost DC power to service panel water heater rocker switch and to slide out rocker switches. 2003 Monaco Diplomat

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent. I was changing the water heater rocker switch when it happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diplomat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
I cannot find any fuses blown. I was trouble shooting why my hot water relay will not close to supply the 120volts to the heating element. It works fine on propane but no power on the yellow wire to the circuit board or the relay when the 120 volt rocker switch was activated.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/7/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try disconnecting the 12 volt batteries for about 5 minutes then reconnect them to see if this then resets the electronics to then work properly.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I turned off the power for about 30 minutes then back on and still no DC power to this switch.
If you do not know this coach and have the wiring schematic I don't think you will be able to help. So I am not going to pay for phone call.

Let me open this up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete