Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2011 28' Surveyor travel trailer. My fresh water

Customer Question

I have a 2011 28' Surveyor travel trailer. My fresh water tank won't fill up. It appears after exposing all the plumbing that the fresh water tank fills up through the water pump. Is this correct? the city water passes backwards through the pump into the fresh water tank?
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: This is a travel trailer.
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: 2011 Surveyor, 28' tag a long
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying. All I've done is looked at the plumbing system to understand whats what. Maybe you missed my opening question. Here it is again. have a 2011 28' Surveyor travel trailer. My fresh water tank won't fill up. It appears after exposing all the plumbing that the fresh water tank fills up through the water pump. Is this correct? the city water passes backwards through the pump into the fresh water tank?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

No. No pump allows water to go back through it that way. You have to have a separate tank fill hose connection OR a tank fill valve outside that you turn to fill the tank. Hope that clears that up. Get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!