Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My airstream battery (Marine heavy duty)appears to be down.

Customer Question

My airstream battery (Marine heavy duty)appears to be down. Even when I have it hooked to my tow vehicle, even the breaker box light fails to be on. If I tow it for a long period, any chance it will charge? Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Just saying there is zero electricity in the trailer. Don't know if it's just a dead battery or a connection problem, the Airstream is new. Thanks
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 airstream 16' bambi. when hooked to shore power, all is good. The battery cutoff switch was in the on position.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. But before I take the battery for a load test, I would like to drive around for a bit to see if any charge comes back.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No worries, I can take it to a service shop and check the battery.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I​t will if you have the charge line hooked up on the tow vehicle. That is the purpose of that. If you have a small digital multimeter you can easily check this with the vehicle running. You should see almost 14 vDC at the battery there. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee and there is no time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!