Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2006 31b dutchman travel trailer every time i cut

Customer Question

i have a 2006 31b dutchman travel trailer every time i cut the water heater on a light on the side lights up i am useing electric not gas on top of the light the letters are dsi underneath the light are flt cant find any info on what the letters mean can u help
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: when i cut om the toggle switch it is right beside it between the gas or elec switch
JA: What is the model of your '06 RV?
Customer: yes 06 dutchman
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if i let it sit for a day or so it starts again i dont know where to begin becaus i dont know what the letters mean
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of your water heater? Two switches and the light in the middle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
attwood gc6aa-10e on my pannell for gas or electric
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no phone service
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

S​orry for the delay in getting back to you. I live in Northern California and we are dealing with some severe fire issues here. That light in the middle should only come on when you select the LP mode and then once the water heater ignites it goes off again. It is just to let you know that ignition is taking place. See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood Service Manual. Print that out so you have it. It explains all this and more. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf