Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My electrical plugs aren't working. Everything else is. 2001

Customer Question

my electrical plugs aren't working. Everything else is.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2001 Elite horse trailer with outlaw conversion
JA: What is the model of your '01 RV?
Customer: not sure
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to...The gi plug (the safety plug in in the bathroom) wasn't working so we changed it out. It trips all the others. It still isn't working. I looked at the outside plugs and they seemed to have no water or condensation in them. Neither did the gi plug.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just would like to know if there is anything else I can do myself.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Did you check to see what was tripping that GFCI plug to start with? Usually the converter on a stand alone unit or the microwave. Might be the fridge if that is on that circuit. And did you perhaps get the new GFCI in backwards? The line has to be the hot side to the breaker. Load side goes towards the cirucit. If you have a small digital multimeter this is easier to track down. About $20 or so if you don't and easy to use. I can assist you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.