RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am having difficulty getting a satellite feed through my…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty getting a satellite feed through my external cable hookups on my 2017 Keystone Outback 328RL. The receiver works if I run it directly from the Dish satellite dome, but not when I try the two cable hookups on the left rear of the vehicle. The owner's manual says that the TV booster must be off for the satellite feed to work. I believe that the booster is in the cabinet housing the TV in the bedroom. However, trying the feed with both the the "TV1" light on and off does not help. I had a friend test the circuits and they seemed to be working. Beside taking the vehicle back to the dealer I am wondering if they is some other easy fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

In the cabinet on the front right side of the bedroom housing the TV in the bedroom is a faceplate on the upper right inside the cabinet. It is labeled "TV1" and has a button that turns a small light red on when depressed. Is this the TV booster control?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I and a friend tried different ways of hooking up the coaxial cable from the Dish Tailgater dome to the input in control box labeled cable/satellite on the panel on the left rear on the vehicle where the water intake is located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is another coaxial input on the exterior of the RV on the front right side. Is that an output for an outside TV or input to the second TV in the bedroom?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/7/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with one of the input cables from the outside of this model here.The cable may be disconnected or damaged not feeding in the signal.I would have the cables and connections checked for any issues needing repaired or corrected.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete