RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Dometic thermostat paired to Suburban furnace. Furnace never…

Customer Question
Dometic thermostat paired to...

Dometic thermostat paired to Suburban furnace. Furnace never worked. Second owner. We pulled the furnace and found an inline NC valve switch that may have been open. With two wires from T-stat going to furnace, is this two different functions? Can the blower start from one line and the valve circuit be open? Or does this mean a defect in the furnace?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Power is on. Have diag. for furnace.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Suburban?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have only pulled the unit. Surprised to find the valve switch unseen before. The unit is on the bench but I hesitate to test until I know how the T-stat sends power. Most stats for residential simply close a circuit. This furnace seems to have two modes, purging and operating. Manual says the furnace will not operate with valve sw. open. Not sure if it was before touching it. Think so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am competent with gas and electrical. Not electronics, as in module board.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
9/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Not sure what you mean here by "valve switch" on this? Which model Suburban furnace do you have here. Some do have an "on/off" switch inside. Other than that, the control board provides the power and signal for all the other functions in there.

SF-30F. Have you seen the whole dialog between me and Dometic?
Are we connected?

Yes. I have the whole question thread here.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic