RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I HAVE 2008 COMFORT TRIALER WHEN I DICONEECT FROM EITHER THE…

Customer Question
I HAVE 2008 COMFORT TRIALER...
I HAVE 2008 COMFORT TRIALER WHEN I DICONEECT FROM EITHER THE PICKUP OR THE 110 VOLT POWER I HAVE NO LIGHTS IN THE CAMPER BUT I STILL CAN OPERATE THE SLIDES ANY IDEAS?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay....

When you are plugged into power the power converter makes the DC voltage and charges the battery, when you unplug the converter should switch over to battery power, when you run the truck the system is getting voltage via the charge line on the truck. The slide is normally wired directly to the battery and would have constant power.

So I would still double check the battery voltage at the battery if the voltage is good which it should be if the slide is working follow the cables and look for a breaker near the battery, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery, below is a picture, the voltage should be the same on each post to chassis ground. Most breakers have a tiny tab on them...

IF that is good or you do not see one you could have an issue with the power converter. The only other item that would prevent the voltage from working is if you had a disconnect switch to isolate the batteries. Some RV's have an interior switch near the entry door that triggers a solenoid and others will have a manual disconnect switch at the battery, if you have an interior switch need to make sure voltage is passing through the solenoid, if you have a manual switch then need to verify voltage on the cables in and out of the switch.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me......

Robert

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Breaker

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert