RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

What buttons do you push and when on the control panel for a…

Customer Question
What buttons do you...

What buttons do you push and when on the control panel for a winegard rayzor automatic antenna, when you are replacing just the dome with a NEW replacement. I understand this is how you teach the panel whee home is. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Northstar 2015 slide in camper

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

Adventurer 8.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been told you push the top two buttons at the same time pushing the bottom right. I was hoping you could confirm this as you only get one chance, or you have to send dome back to the manufacturer!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
9/6/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am not real sure which model number you have but most have a search button you would press to search to learn in the channels.If your model has this button press it and see if it then learns in and are able to receive channels.If it does not have this or this was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Please pay attention to what I typed previously and what I type below. I'll repeat it hopefully more clearly this time.
When replacing only the Winegard RZ 7500 DOME PART of the system with a NEW unit, not the one taken off, you have to teach the USED control board where "home" is because the dome is pointing straight ahead only when it is NEW! This is very important too for the sake of the clock spring type cable inside. Winegard does not put this information in any customer document, and I can't find THIS situation explained anywhere on line.
I understand and know how to reset and clear previous signal locations and diagnostic codes by pushing the top right and bottom right button at the same time, but that is NOT what I'm looking for. Hopefully you can understand that once the motor turns the mechanism inside the dome WITHOUT setting "home" in the control board, you're screwed, unless you take the top off the dome. This kills the warranty on the product.
So,,,,, I'm looking for someone that has been educated by a Winegard factory rep or class in how to do this correctly the first time.
I put in my previous email what I was told, on how to do it, but I wanted to get a definitive professional answer, so I came here for clarification.
Can you help me?

O.k.,let me see if anyone else here can help further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I will await your response. I was hoping you might know an insider at Winegard to get the answer.
How are you doing do get my answer?
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician