RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Atwood refrigerator piled will not stay lit .wil lite 3

Customer Question
Atwood refrigerator piled will...

Atwood refrigerator piled will not stay lit .wil lite 3 times then go in to safe mode . Replaced thermal cut off switch and circuit board an still will not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the front ot the fefrogerator door

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2014 keystone bullet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced thermal cut off switch an circuit cleaned an blew out with can of air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can seem to find any kind of thermal couple is it built in to the igniter or is there a nother type of thermal switch

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​wo things to check. The LP pressure may be too low and it should be checked and adjusted as needed at least once a year. If it gets too low it won't keep the end of the igniter in the flame and the flame sense on the board may not be energized. So check that and then if that checks out, it could be the control board itself. See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood check list. Print that out so you have it. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodreefer.pdf