RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a camper and the Ref. will not come on. The light did

come on but now doesn't...
I have a camper and the Ref. will not come on. The light did come on but now doesn't where do I start to find problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I bought the camper about a month ago. the person had the camper at the river and brought it home. he said it was working fine when he left the camp area. We could never get it to run. At first the on / off light came on but now it doesn't come onn.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can. My son is an electrician and does heat / air, so he has a knowledge of things that I can't
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When the man that had it unplugged it at the river, he did not turn the AC off before unplugging it. It tripped the a/c unit. could that have caused a surge back up or something?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I did ck. the breaker and the fuses. It has no thermostat that I can find. I think it is a factory reg. thermostat. If not, I don't know where to look. Nothing on inside of ref. only the light.
8/22/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

M​ake and model of your fridge? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

all I have is : Dometic 2652RM2652 and it says 2.7 oz
I am at work and calling me would not help me "step-by-step" to do what you want me to do. If I could call or talk later, then yes but other that that, I don't think I could remember what you say. I am 70 yrs. old. What is your suggestions?
Randell, This is why I wasn't satisfied with "JustAnswer" before. I paid for results and never got the results. Now I am asking again and not getting what I think I am paying for. I don't mean to be ugly but my money is hard to come by not to get answers that I thought I was paying for. Are you able to help me?
Hello! are you there?
Randell, I can't stay on the net for a long time. I have to work so am I suppose to contact you later or will you contact me or what? I need to know what to do.

I can get you an answer once I get you the manual.

I help more than one person at a time here. I will see that you get a solution here. We offer a 100% guarantee so you are never at risk of not getting a good solution.

I am at work so I won't be ale to talk now. What is next?

You will need a small digital multimeter fo some testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores. I will get you a Service Manual and you let me know when you are ready to check some things. I am here every day.

I thought that I would get a diagram of things to check or test that I need to run. Instead I am getting a bill for $28.00 to talk and I can't at this moment. I am at work.
I have a small digital multimeter. or a volt meter at home. is that what you are asking me to have? And what time frame are you saying I can contact you> I don't get off until after 5:00 PM. now tomprrow, I will be off at 12:00 will that help?

Get back to me whenever it is good for you. I am here from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. California time every day.

Randell, I will contact you tomorrow when I am at home. T think that will be best for the both of us. That will also give you time to get the manual for my unit and look it over at your time. Is that better. If so, I will call you tomorrow after 12:00 my time. (Eastern). That way you will be better aware of the frig. and I will be at home to try and follow you.
Thanks Ron.

10-4

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks, ***** ***** a different number right now, I left my cell phone at home. The number I am at is(###) ###-#### Hope that doesn't cause a problem>

No problem. Or you can call me when it is good for you.

p>
I am at home. I will call you in about 30 min on the camper what tools will I need beside the volt meter?

Did you print out that manual I sent you? That and have the cover off the control board. Small flatblade screwdriver in the slot on the side and gently pry towards the center of the cover and it will pop off. Then we can test.

I didn't get the manual. I will go back and check it out and print it. Then I will call you. I already have the cover off.

Looks like I didn't get it to you! Sorry about that. Give me about 15 minutes and I will ship it out on here.

Thanks I will wait.
I have the manual call you shortly

O.K.....check to see if you have at least 12 VDC to the junction block at the rear of the fridge.

Call me about how this cools!

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification