RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2000 and Monaco Camelot. I am currently on a trip…

Customer Question
Hi! My name is...

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I have a 2000 and Monaco Camelot. I am currently on a trip right now parked at Cracker Barrel in Amarillo Texas. I have the power gear air leveling system I noticed when I pulled into the parking lot to spend the night all of the lights were off and I cannot get any of the display lights or anything to come on on the power gear air leveling system I am currently on a trip right now parked at Cracker Barrel in Amarillo Texas. I have the power gear air leveling system I noticed when I pulled into the parking lot to spend the night all of the lights were off and I cannot get any of the display lights or anything to come on on the power gear air leveling system

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Yes but the brakes which is never been a problem with the power gear system

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've looked at all of the fuses well most all of the fuses and looked at the breaker switches seems everything is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I have a slight hum and vibration in the steering wheel as if it needs power steering fluid when turning right or left usually going slower... once I reach high speed doesn't seem to be as bad

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
Mistype- it's a 2008 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
8/23/2017
RV Mechanic: Pete, Auto Technician replied 5 years ago
Pete, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The noise in the steering can indicate a power steering fault/issue here.This would have to be looked into to locate which component is at fault causing this noise needing repaired or replaced.It may be the pump/motor at fault possibly.

I would double check all fuses and circuit breakers for any that are blown or off.In some cases disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting them can correct this type of fault here as well.If this is all o.k. or does not work then you will need to have this looked into further to see if you have damaged wiring or a faulty control assembly for the power leveling system needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete