RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have lost powet, Power to my fudge and intertaiment

I have lost powet ...

I have lost powet

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Power to my fudge and intertaiment centet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 tiffin allegro open road

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have looked for gfi out but all are good that I find

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need to get power to my fridge

8/20/2017
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have a residential style fridge or a LP/AC combo...?

IF you have the residential style your issue makes more sense, the reason being is the LP/AC style fridge uses DC power to turn on. IF that is the case go check your outside compartments for your inverter, the inverter will have some breakers located on it, make sure you do not trip a breaker on the inverter. Some have switches and others have push buttons for the breakers.

Also cycle all the breakers in the main breaker panel, shut them OFF and then turn them on one at a time, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it. You should have 2 GFI'S one in the bathroom and one in the galley.

My gut says you may have tripped a breaker on the inverter...

Let me know if you need more help...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Please respond back here. Check the inverter for a tripped breaker, some of the AC power goes through the inverter, normally the TV's does and possibly the fridge.....

Robert

Where do I find the inverte ?

IT is in an outside storage compartment. Normally it will be a white box with some large cables going to it.......

Robert

Ok I have looked in all the comp. I haven't found anything like a inverter

You should have one.........

Robert

Ok I will look again

10-4

I don't find anything like it in any outside compartment

You have to have one, I looked in your owners manual just now and it says it is in an outside compartment, try and follow the house battery cables, one large cable will go right to it. I am unsure if they stuck it inside on some floorplans.... Robert

I have look all over this thing and do not find it. This is my 3rd my over many years but I do not find it

Look for a panel maybe that has screws in one of the compartments. follow the battery cables to the inverter.

Robert

Could it be in the comp. by thy fridge?

I would think it would be in a lower compartment we are talking outside, it looks like on some they actually mount it to the overhead which leads me to believe you might have a panel to take off to access it.

Also make sure you do not have a false door what I mean by that is there is no handle they use an L bracket at the bottom of the door with 3/8" screws, after you take the screws out the door panel swings up. Sorry trying my best on this.... Robert

SO is there a handle on the door panel in front of the passenger side rear wheel?

Behind the pass rear wheel is the propane tank. No other access panels
Ok I reset a black box first comp. drivers side. Now all is working

Good job, I am glad you got it going....

I tried my very best and it is a challenge online, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

You did your best Robert , thank you very much I appreciate your help. Always a challenge with a new my

Thanks.... Let me know if you need more help..

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

Robert

Thanks. You too

Please feel free to select a STAR rating if you are satisfied with my efforts, it is the only way I get "credit" for my time and efforts.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I gave you excellent rating thanks

Thanks!!!

Robert