RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Freeer stays cold enough BUT refrigerator is not cold at…

Freeer stays cold enough...

Freeer stays cold enough BUT refrigerator is not cold at all! We've had to empty out the frig while on a trip. It shows the needle in the green but it's not cold

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Roadtrek 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 RV?

170

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It worked last month just fine in very hot conditions.

8/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

May I have the make and model of the fridge? Using AC mode or LP mode? Fridge level?

dometic lp mode yes, level
Americana modelno thanks

Do you have a small digital multimeter for testing the thermistor?

can you just give us an idea of what the problem might be and what to do?
I don't like the escalation of $$ each step of the way

You can just unplug it first to check. See the attached link for a copy of the Service Manual. See that section on testing it. http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

There is only one fee no matter how many exchanges there are between us.

We have a multimeter
what did you mean by unplug it first?We are using propane

Take the cover off the control board in back of the fridge and unplug the thermistor from the board. Lower plug on top left hand corner. Then it can be tested as per that page in the manual.

If the LP pressure is too low at the tank regular the performance at the fridge will not be up to par.

Testing the thermistor is on page 11. Leave it unplugged and try the fridge for a few hours and see if it improves.

Thanks. We will get back you later ok?

No problem. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification