RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My dometic RM 763 AES will not operate in any mode. Worked…

My dometic RM 763...

My dometic RM 763 AES will not operate in any mode. Worked great last summer. Power lamp shows green. Propane tanks were both removed for recertification. I do have gas at burner. In reading troubleshooting manual , the only common thing I can see to check for all modes not working is the Solenoid.l

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

My Dometic RM 763 AES will not operate in any mode..Worked great last summer.Power lamp shows green.Both propane tanks had been removed for recertification. I do have gas at burner. In reading troubleshooting manual the only common thing I can see to check for all modes not working is the Solenoid.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1984 Aluma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a repairman coming this week, but he has not worked on these refrigerators.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know at present.

8/13/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Check to be sure that the incoming DC voltage is at least 12 VDC. If so, and it won't work on either mode the control board is suspect. Sitting around for long periods of time is not good for these. Check to see if the cooling coils are getting warm or hot. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Voltage is good . Cooling coils were hot before it shut down completely , but refrig. did not seem to be cooling..

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.........computer issues! That can be a sign of a failed cooling unit. Any yellowish debris around the base of the burner or any noise from the cooling unit like an old percolator coffee pot?

None and didn`t hear any noise.

In the shop we take the heating element and hook it up directly to a separate AC power source like an old lamp cord and plug it in. This bypasses all the contols on the fridge and asks it to cool at max cooling. I would also check up on the roof and be sure that birds didn't get in there and build some nests and have the air ventilation blocked off. That would cause this as well. Let me know what happens.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Just checking back in to see if you were able to check this out yet?