Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Not sure what kind of alternator my 84 chieftain Winnebago

Customer Question

Not sure what kind of alternator my 84 chieftain Winnebago needs, any advice?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

These are made by a number of companies and come in various outputs. You need to look at the tag on the alternator and see whose product it was and then the output can be checked. There is some leeway on what can be put back into one. Upgrading is often a goal to increase the output. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limits.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!