gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 1998 bounder with 454 engine. All the batteries are

Customer Question

I have a 1998 bounder with 454 engine. All the batteries are dead and it is ln storage
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: my rv is pulled forward against a wall, and L cannot
JA: What is the model of your '98 RV?
Customer: It is facing forward against a wall. It is so close that I cannot open the hood. So I cannot charge the batteries. Tried to pull it from the back hitch receiver, but it will not budge. Someone said it has some kind of special braking system. M-34 V
JA: Are you fixing your Special yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can he call me instead? My cell # is(###) ###-#### Steve.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Can you get to the generator or shore cord?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

If you can come up with an outside fair sized 12 VDC battery so you can start the generator you should be able to get the batteries to charge back up. At least if they didn't freeze from being discharged. Then they are going to be toast. What is that situation?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!