Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Leaking water in hallway just outside the bathroom. It's

Customer Question

Leaking water in hallway just outside the bathroom
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Yes, it's water and coming through carpet of motorhome
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1992 bounder
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband says he thinks it's leaking from a pipe underneath the motorhome, but he can't get to it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No think that's it
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Normally there will be a channel the pipes sit it and from below you would see a metal channel on the bottom of the floor access is really bad from the bottom so the flooring inside might have to come up to get at the broken pipe. What I suggest doing first is getting a blow out plug, drain all the water and hook the blow out plug to the city water connector and add about 40 psi of air, this will allow you to hear where the leak is coming from, water can travel pretty far and get out wherever it can. IF you can find each side of the line then you can make the repair and not pull up the flooring, when you move the line with the air escaping it will normally change in sound, then if you have that access on each side you can cut the line out, install compression style fittings and put new line in.

Most likely access will be poor and the flooring will need to come up to get at the line.....

Hope this helps some, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert