RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I can not find the manual crank for closing a 2004 montana…

Customer Question
I can not find...

I can not find the manual crank for closing a 2004 montana big sky fifth wheel trailer can you tell me where it is located the motor is in the front of the trailer by the generator

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Im trying to close the slide outs manualy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to close the slide out and take it to a dealer to repair it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
8/6/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is this a hydraulic system? What happens when you try to move the rooms?

the hydraulics quit I believe the pump is bad I need to manually close the slides and can not locate the devise on the trailer to close it

There is none on hydraulic units and pumps almost never go bad. More likely the power to the pump or the solenoid. Easy enough to check if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some easy tests. And we can probably bypass the controls and get the rooms in if you have a jumper wire. Let me know.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic