Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Converter fan running. Connected to trailer park power. Have

Customer Question

Converter fan running. Connected to trailer park power. Have a switch to disconnect batteries. Turn it off (disconnect batteries)?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No and no but don't think they are leaking.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2014 Cougar
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

The converter fan should cycle on and off as much as needed. IS everything working OK???

IF so and the converter fan just stays running I would have the battery(s) load tested, the reason being if they were weak the converter would work extra hard to keep the charge on the batteries and the fan would run all the time. Most auto parts stores can load test the batteries to see if they are OK.

Another reason for the fan to run all the time is if the air flow was obstructed, I would get an air hose and nozzle and blow out the converter section really good. Sometimes these are in areas where there is not much air flow, if it was very dirty it can choke the converter off and cause the fan to run all the time...

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

ROBERT ( RV Master tech, RVIA certified over 20 years RV experience)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Going home tomorrow. Do I need to fix it now or can it wait?
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

IF everything is working OK then it can wait...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert