RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our Electric powered Awning will not come. It starts and…

Customer Question
Our Electric powered Awning...

Our Electric powered Awning will not come. It starts and then stops like the motor trips a breaker. It will go out but will not roll in. Is there a way to get it in Manually

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes it is a 2017 travel trailer 3rd time we've had it out. I noticed 1st few time we used the awning it slow. Just thot that is the way it is. But think it may be a bad motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

27 ft. Sunland

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. and nothing but pushing the in-out button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don 't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Not sure if this is a Dometic 9100 they are pretty common, if that is the case click HERE and see page 8 it will show you how to run it in manually, if that does not look like your awning I may need to see a picture of yours to determine the manufacturer.

Hope this helps some... Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert