Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Refrig is plugged in AC in storage. No cold and lite yellow

Customer Question

Refrig is plugged in AC in storage. No cold and lite yellow light is flashing for 3 flashes and than steady for a few seconds than flashes again.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: I have a n611 model. Light is left of Auto/off/gas switch. Note below says No gas when flashing. But unit is plugged into 120AC. However, LP gas is shut off.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2007 Chateau Four Winds
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked 12 volt fuses, all okay. Checked AC and is plugged in and microwave shows the time, so everything seems to be working. I store the unit in my backyard and plug it into my shed. Done this many times as we trip each month somewhere. So we keep the refrig always on to keep the mold out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's my story.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

The code you are seeing is going to be key, and I am going to give you a service manual so you can verify. IF you are getting the 3 flashes it means the AC heater has failed, it could be the AC heating element or the circuit board. Click HERE and see the fault codes on page 8 and then go to the corresponding page and it will show you how to check the fault. You will need a volt meter to check the AC heating element. IF you have any questions or concerns during the process please feel free to reach out to me, I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

ROBERT

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert