Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an jayco eagle fifth wheel and looking at installing

Customer Question

I have an jayco eagle fifth wheel and looking at installing a roof mounted air conditioner in the bedroom. Is this possible?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: It's a new trailer, just not enough push to adequately cool the upper level
JA: What year is your Eagle?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, since it has a warranty I would not like to mess with it other than having a shop do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: if it's wired for it already
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Normally these will be pre-wired for an extra AC unit if the bedroom does not have one, even if it does not one can be installed and wires can be run, the labor would be a bit more to do that if it is not pre-wired but it is not impossible I have done some in the past. I would absolutely have the dealer do this so everything is still under new warranty. I think your next step would be to talk to an authorized Jayco dealer and see if they can give you an estimate on this. They dealer should be able to have all the info on installing a new one.....

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert