RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have an jayco eagle fifth wheel and looking at installing…

Customer Question
I have an jayco...

I have an jayco eagle fifth wheel and looking at installing a roof mounted air conditioner in the bedroom. Is this possible?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It's a new trailer, just not enough push to adequately cool the upper level

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Eagle?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, since it has a warranty I would not like to mess with it other than having a shop do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If it's wired for it already

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Normally these will be pre-wired for an extra AC unit if the bedroom does not have one, even if it does not one can be installed and wires can be run, the labor would be a bit more to do that if it is not pre-wired but it is not impossible I have done some in the past. I would absolutely have the dealer do this so everything is still under new warranty. I think your next step would be to talk to an authorized Jayco dealer and see if they can give you an estimate on this. They dealer should be able to have all the info on installing a new one.....

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic