RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No lights inside when not plugged into outlet, batteries are…

Customer Question
No lights inside when...

No lights inside when not plugged into outlet, batteries are fully charged, generator will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All inside lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

30.3 Georgetown 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked batteries circuit breakers also generator alt will not start

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
8/5/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 9 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the power converter itself.If the power converter is failing or has a short in it or an open circuit it may be causing this fault here.If all fuses and circuit breakers are o.k. the wiring needs checked to the converter for any issues as well as the converter tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced.This is best done by a repair facility who has the correct diagrams and test equipment for this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician