RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I can't find the to change the tire on my 2001 Jayco

Customer Question
I can't find the...

I can't find the jack to change the tire on my 2001 Jayco designer class c, where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

Jayco designer class c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just need to know where the jack is located

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
8/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​here is no jack for this onboard. If you have have leveling jacks those are used. If not, you need to get a good 5 ton bottle jack and keep in in the coach. Most all automotive parts stores have them and they are not expensive. Get a good block or two for a base when you are on soft ground. A torque wrench is necessary with the proper socket and extension so you can get the lugs off and back on again. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks