RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I think I hooked up the 12 volt wires for my norcold refer…

Customer Question
I think I hooked...

I think I hooked up the 12 volt wires for my norcold refer wrongly,both wires to the positive terminal. now norcold control panel seems to be totally dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I have not checked fuses, but the fuse box does not list the refer in the fuse box..it has 4 breakers, one says gfi, is that the refer one?.no diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to do it myself...tried connecting what i think might be th wires for the refer, but all remained dead on the control panel for the norcold refer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'most interested to know if i have ruined the control panel of the refer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check to see if there is still 12 volts on wiring you hooked to norcold, if so this means you burned out norcold unit. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.