peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Have a winegard sensar III antenna that was damaged due to a

Customer Question

have a winegard sensar III antenna that was damaged due to a high cross wnid while up. Antenna was bend and circuit board loosened at coxial input connecter. Q1 Is the circuit board and antenna a replaceable item? f so, how much. Also handle came loose when trying to lower it. What is torque spec on setscrew in handle?
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No. i am asking how much torque can the set screw handle before it strips the handle?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2013 rockwood 8331
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Acessed the antenna from roof and noted damage. antenna bend on both sides and circuit card separated from coax connecter. Could not install cover as antenna opstructed cover going on so i taped in on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models you can get some parts to replace these damaged components to resolve this issue here and on others the entire system may have to be purchased and then replaced.You will most likely need to have a shop or dealer check the model number to then see if the parts can be serviced and what all is needed to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete