RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1987 eland on a P30 chassis. The blower motor works…

Customer Question
I have a 1987...

I have a 1987 eland on a P30 chassis.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

The blower motor works on the A/C heater but i get no air into the cab vent defrost cool or heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

Yes it is fine-no air movement into the cab.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced heater motor, and relay so it works on all speeds, but air is not getting into cb.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The vacuum seems to be working.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Roy Belding, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, RV Mechanic

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

I would start by checking for vacuum at the rotary switch on the control head. remove the control head and remove the vacuum block at the switch and see if you have vacuum at one of the hoses.

if you do not then you have a broken or a hose off between the engine and the switch

if you do have vacuum, you need to go the the vacuum motors under the dash and verify vacuum at the motors.

the most likely issue is no vacuum to the switch

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have vacuum at the switch and also vacuum motors under the hood and under dash on passenger side. they both work.

if they both work and are actually moving, then you either have something blocking the air flow or internal door failure.

remove the moor again and inspect inside to see if there is anything in there.

Roy

PLease take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that will allow the site to pay me for my efforts.

Roy

any update???