RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I put the battery in backward and nothing will work, i think…

Customer Question
I put the battery...

I put the battery in backward and nothing will work , i think I fried the battery. And the converter

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I tried my truck battery still nothing. Nothing works off the 120 feed . It was plugged into the house when I shorted it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2006 Jayco 27 BH

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to get into a shop nbut they say 2 weeks. A person was coming over to buy it today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was fine before I screwed it up is checked the reverse polarit6

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
8/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Yes I am afraid you killed the inverter/converter. However, you may have blown a fuse between the inverter and the battery, so check for any blown fuses in the system. Ifthere are none, then you will need to have the inverter/converter replaced. The battery is probably ok actually, but take it to the auto parts store and ask them to test it for you. Most will do this for free.

Sorry about this unfortunate problem, but I hope my answer helps,

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from earlier today.
Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician