RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We are at the lake and part of our power is out.

Customer Question
Refrigerator, ceiling fan, microwave are...
We are at the lake and part of our power is out. Refrigerator, ceiling fan, microwave are working but no lights will work.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: All inside lights.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 sandpiper
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have reset the main breaker and unplugged power cord.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have only had it one year and it's been in the shop two times. Very frustrating.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
8/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sounds like you didn't get much instruction from the dealership on how everything works. Most of the lights are 12 VDC powered. There should be fuses in the load center where all the fuses and breakers are. Along the floor level. Dark brown or black. Check those. Invest in a 12 vDC test light and a small digital multiimeter as we can diagnose and repair most anything in that RV if you have those. If the fuses all appear fine, then it may be a bad ground on the light circuit or a bad switch. Are you close to any kind of hardware store or are you out in the boonies?

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic