Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2008 Arctic Fox 5th Wheel 29.5T. All 4 tires are

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Arctic Fox 5th Wheel 29.5T. All 4 tires are rotted and I need to change them. Where do I place the Jacks and Jack Stands to do this?
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Fox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet because I don't know where to put the jacks & Jack Stands. I have 4 house jacks and 4 12-ton jack stands, plus 4X6 blocks to put under them. I plan to take the wheels to a tire shop and have them replace the tires on the rims. Then I plan to re-install the wheels using the appropriate torque wrenches. Once the wheels are in place, I'll have Good Sam tow it to Camping World to pull maintenance on the various systems.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Put the jackstands under the axles right out next to the end. Make sure it is stable and not able to fall off. Break the lugs loose before you lift it off the ground. Good idea to pack the bearings and check the brakes while you have the wheels off. Every other year or 10K miles is the schedule for that. If you need more please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if perhaps you may have missed my previous response to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend this, please let me know. Thanks!