Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

OWN A SUNSEEKER 2430. UNDERSTAND THEY, FOREST RIVER

Customer Question

HI, OWN A SUNSEEKER 2430. UNDERSTAND THEY
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: FOREST RIVER SUNKEEPER GTS 2430 2018
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: UNDERSTAND there are high noise level and problems with slid-out.
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: Year 2018
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Returned it to dealer, prospect Aug 16th
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Noise level when unit arrived was unbearable. Dealer did so repair, but noise levelis still high.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Issues like this on new units can occur, it might not even be something the manufacturer is aware of since it is a 2018 model. I am sure if they start getting other complaints then what normally happens is a service bulletin is issued to take care of the problem. IT was good on your part to have the dealer look at this since it can be documented for future repairs if needed. I am not aware of any issues or known problems for this model but it is a 2018 and sometimes the RV manufacturer will not catch a problem when these are built and the repair or fix might come months later. I would try and be patient and ask the dealer what the manufacturer has to say on this.

I worked for several major RV manufacturers and have seen issues like this where they are forced to do some kind of fix IF the problem is widespread, that is when they will issue a product bulletin to correct the problem.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Make sure it is documented with the dealer as well......

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert