gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have an infinity 2013 model 3870. I'm having trouble with

Customer Question

I have an infinity 2013 model 3870 . I'm having trouble with ac. I get hardly any flow from rear unit. It's working. There is condensation flowing off unit. Could it be just the fan. Also the front unit, is it supposed to go thru the ceiling vents when ceiling unit vents are closed. Thank you.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No, I will have someone go up there. There is very little air coming thru.
JA: What is the model of your '13 RV?
Customer: 3870
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm too old to get up there. I have an appointment with the Jaco dealer, where I bought it. I've called the manufacture of the unit and Dutchmen and get no where. That was on other problems.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a 5th wheel before with a ceiling ac that goes thru ceiling vents when the vents were closed . I find that not to be true in the front unit in the kitchen. Is it supposed to work like that.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

W​hich make and model A/Cs do you have here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I've no idea what model. It's a Dominic or someth ing. No help to you.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

D​o you have return air grills in the center of the ceiling or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I can tell you that none of the vents should be closed. If you restrict the air flow it won't cool as well. Are you running them on "Hi Cool" or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!