Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The ac unit is not cooling very well. the unit was replaced

Customer Question

The ac unit is not cooling very well. the unit was replaced in 2010 and I have never been satisfied with it so I'm seeing about replacing it
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: no, but I was told that it is a closed system and freon is not added to this one. Its a dometic 475915.301c0
JA: What is the model of your '10 RV?
Customer: Its a cougar 25 foot fifth wheel rear kitchen
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned filters and tried various temp settings from the remote
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I already did that but got disconnected.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

A​re you interested in getting a larger output unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

S​ee the attached link for the replacement for this model. It is still a 13.5K unit. You can go to a 15K unit which is about the same, but more money. You may be able to see your old one and get some money back from that. Used A/C units are easy to sell, especially this time of year. http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Dometic-B57915-Brisk-II-RV-Air-Conditioner-13500-BTU-White

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does it come with a new control unit?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

A 15K unit is about $200 more in a BriskAir II model and then on either one you have to upgrade the thermostat as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. I will give it a try. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You would want one that comes equipped for a Dometic Single Zone thermostat. And you are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. And I would appreciate you taking the time to enter in a Star Rating as that is the only way I get credit for the time spent assisting you on this question. Thanks!