RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

What is the replacement for a dometic ac unit 475915.301c0,

Customer Question
What is the replacement...

What is the replacement for a dometic ac unit 475915.301c0

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

I was told that it is a closed system

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2005 cougar 25 foot 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

This unit was replaced in 2010 but it really struggles to cool. it has a remote control and was told that they no longer manufacture this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
8/3/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What exactly do you mean by "struggles to cool" here? The remote control system can be replaced by a direct vent ceiling control or a newer digital thermostat and box and not have to replace the whole A/C unit.