Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We are plugged into 30 amp and AC unit was working fine.

Customer Question

We are plugged into 30 amp and AC unit was working fine. Turned on the microwave and power went out. Power seems fine at 30 amp outlet because lights are on surge protector plugged into the outlet. Can't find any tripped breakers in the RV. Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights within the actual surge protector that indicate it is receiving electricity.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a 2016 Lakota living quarters horse trailer Big Horn Edition
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are at a horse show. Yes we are trying to fix it ourselves. So far we have just tried to identify where the problem with the electrical is coming from.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all. Thank you
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You can't run an A/C and microwave at the same time on a 30 amp cord. Too much power draw and the hotter the day the worse it gets! Flip the breakers off and then back on again in the load center. Check the breakers at the source as well. Most microwaves are on a GFCI protected outlet. Once the main power is restored, it should reset unless it got damaged. Overloading them can burn them up. Get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!