RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Purchased a1997 ford chassis ithaca Rv.the awning hes what…

Customer Question
Purchased a1997 ford chassis...

Purchased a1997 ford chassis ithaca Rv.the awning hes what looks like aluminum on the outside. see no strap, how do I open?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1997 450 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

61ki auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried undoing cam at top but did nothing else as aqfrai9d I would get it down and not get it back up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
8/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The strap may have been broken or just flipped up out of sight. Flip the lever to the "down" position and then get someone on each arm and pull them out away from the coach. Once you see the strap you can grab it with the awning hook.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!