Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Purchased a1997 ford chassis ithaca Rv.the awning hes what

Customer Question

purchased a1997 ford chassis ithaca Rv.the awning hes what looks like aluminum on the outside. see no strap, how do I open?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1997 450 engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 61ki auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried undoing cam at top but did nothing else as aqfrai9d I would get it down and not get it back up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

The strap may have been broken or just flipped up out of sight. Flip the lever to the "down" position and then get someone on each arm and pull them out away from the coach. Once you see the strap you can grab it with the awning hook.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!