peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2006 cardinal and on the title the model is 39qbh,

Customer Question

i have a 2006 cardinal and on the title the model is 39qbh, is that a real model number. i need to replace landing gear motor and gearbox, any idea where i can get those parts
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: ? its a 2006 cardinal 5th wheel
JA: What is the model of your '06 RV?
Customer: the title read cardinal 39QBH
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and the motor just most and makes noise, so i figured if i had to replace the gearbox i just should replace the motor to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, i was wondering if i need to put it on the truck or is ok just to remove those parts
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually this is the model number as I know the last 2 letters indicate "bunk house".To obtain the parts you need usually you need to visit a local dealer or repair facility so they can pull up the parts needed to order them in for you.This is the best option to obtain these.If this was already tried with no luck let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also asked if i need to put the 5th wheel on the truck or is it safe to remove the motor and gearbox with the landing gear down

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last couple of days.

Unfortunately my info is not showing if it is safe to remove the motor and gear box with it the way it is now or if it needs to be on the truck.I would say most likely on the truck as you want weight off of the camper itself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete