Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2015 keystone passport ultra lite 31RE. Passenger slide will

Customer Question

2015 keystone passport ultra lite 31RE. Passenger slide will not go out. It acts like it is hung.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Camper slide out will not extend out
JA: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ourself. I've checked the cables on the slide out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The drivers side slideout works fine.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

D​idn't I just answer this?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Maybe just two of the same make and model with the same issue.

Most of the time when you get just a clicking on this it is an indication of low DC power. Having only one battery can really make this worse. Slideouts take a lot of power and run one battery down very quickly. Many dealers only install one battery so they can save money, but they do their customers no favors and can cause them time and money in repairs that should never have been necessary. The battery you have may be failing and it should be load tested to be sure, especially if it is over 3 years old. Most RV batteries won't go much longer than that. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. If you have a small digital multimeter you can actually test the battery under load of the switch and see what it reads. Try to always have the shore cord plugged in when you try to move the slides or have the unit still hooked up to the tow vehicle. Check that out and get back to me. All follow ups are included in our fee and there is no time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Is this a BAL Accuslide system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have plenty of power. The slideout will go out with help from pushing it out. It will come in on its own. I'm thinking a gear in the motor.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

If that is a BAL Accuslide system with two cables on each side of the room, you are probably correct. That has been a big problem with these. I have one customer in my shop on his 3 motor and gearbox.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

T​he motor and gearbox is located above the middle of the slide and accessed once you remove the trim. That allows you to access the cable and drive chain for any adjustments they need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do have 2 cables on each side.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

T​hen that is the system you have. Not a good design and many problems with the cable and gearbox. Are you going to try to repair this yourself? It may still be under warranty.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Please see the attached link for a copy of the manual for this system. You might want to print it out so you have it. http://www.norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should be warranty work.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Most of these are 2 years from the date of purchase.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

A​ny word back yet on if they will take care of this under warranty?