RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have an onan genetator on our horse trailer. It is

Customer Question
We have an onan...

We have an onan genetator on our horse trailer. It is turning over and firing, but will not stay cranked. I habe one single.prime and start button insidemthenliving quarters. I think I may have flooded the carborator. I did not realize the light on the switch meant prime. We had no instruction. The engine had been running fine after purchase. But now having issues staying cranked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel is full and spark plugs have been checked. All is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2002 featherlite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We cleaned spark plug. I topped off with gas. It was working fine. I had issues with battery and 12v lights which also is cranking battery for generator. I bought a new battery, deep cell to run lights and crank gen. It is turningove

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turning over, firing, but wont stay cranked.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
8/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 6 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset?

Did you get the model number yet?

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic